This week's theme at Heart 2 Heart is "Congratulations". For me, it was graduation congratulations. I am so proud of my eldest son, Matthew as he graduates University of Ottawa (Canada) with his degree in Civil Engineering. He has worked so hard on his education and I could not be more proud of what this young man has accomplished.
I, of course had to pull out all the stops on his graduation card.
Matt's specialty is structural engineering - buildings, bridges, tunnels etc.which I wanted to tie into his card. The building complex was cut from the Artistry cartridge. The windows have tiny acetate sheets for glass!!!
I wanted the cool background blueprint paper to show thru so I only backed the roof tops and doors with solid cardstock. Tiny black sparkles form the door knobs.
The tassels on the graduation cap were made from waxy flax unwound and fringed.
Believe it or not the background paper is actually from a retired Halloween themed package - Nevermore. It worked perfectly!!!
The sentiment inside is stamped in black and from a retired stamp set called A Thing Well Done.
If you're wondering why the building is purple - it is a tie to engineers who for whatever reason paint themselves purple during orientation.
Congratulations Matthew!!!
Enjoy,
Jennifer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Grid Magic
Welcome to another week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge Blog. Are you ready to try a grid sketch? I admit I was a tad hesitant at f...
-
Who's ready for lots of brand new Krafty goodies?! It's time for our January Release Peeks to begin at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps !...
-
January Krafty Peeks - Day FIVE - Lumberjack and Jill Plus a Challenge! Today is our final day of Krafty Peeks for the January Release at K...
-
It's a double challenge at Heart 2 Heart Challenges and Color My Heart Colour Dare this week - to use black white and red in your projec...



No comments:
Post a Comment