Wednesday 12 September 2012

Footloose Layouts




One of my absolute favourite paper packages from the Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book was Footloose.  This paper jumped out and grabbed me - love at first sight.

I'm catching up on some of my scrapbooking and this layout is from our trip to Cuba in February 2012. 

These crazy pelicans would come in every day when the fish guy showed up.  He would wave a fish in the air and they would fly in and just sit and wait for a fish.





They were so smart they knew when the tourists would hand the guy a peso and get a fish to feed them.  Holy smokes they would attack you to get that fish.  I dropped mine but my sister-in-law stuck it out to feed them.

I used the Footloose complements but I needed some letters that weren't in the kit.  So I used my white daisy pigment ink and painted the letters on - I think it turned out pretty good. 

Seaside Wooden shapes clustered with buttons, twine and more complements provide some fun embellishments.  For my journalling, I used the tag shape chipboard, cut the complementary shape with the Art Philosophy, added Sorbet brad and twine.

Do you know where I got the inspiration for my layout from?  It was right from the Idea Book, page 39  - changed patterns and colours to suit what I wanted and bada bing bada boom - it's done.

One of the things I love about scrapbooking is remembering what fun we had on the trip, especially with those crazy Pelicans.  It was worth the $2.00 we spent. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

April SOTM - You're Berry Wonderful!

          We are so excited to share our newest  Stamp Of The Month for April.... You're Berry Wonderful! This adorable stamp set is  F...