Monday 10 September 2012

Create your own Background Paper

My son & daughter-in-law are Star Wars geeks!!!  They belong to a club called the 501st Legion and participate in fundraisers and appearances with their group.  I am always asking for photos and memorabilia from their shows, and was thrilled when they actually complied.  They were at the Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Comicon and raised over $8,000.00 for Hospital for Sick Children, charging $5.00 for posing for pictures with Comicon attendees - that's over 1,600 pictures taken in 2 days. 

I wanted to put together a Star Wars album for them as a keepsake and that they could add to after each appearance.

Problem is there wasn't any paper that really worked for what I wanted for a title page. I wanted to create a darkened sky with stars much like the opening roll on the movies. 

This is what I came up with thanks to my White Daisy pigment ink and texture tool - from Close to My Heart.  I applied ink to the black stipple texture tool  and gently daubed it on the black cardstock.  In other areas I applied more pressure to get the blobs of white.  Then I used the small star stamp from It's your Day, once dry I coloured over it with the silver metalic marker to create a bit of shine.

The blue letters are cut with the Artiste cartridge in Indian Corn Blue.  Thank goodness for our tweezers to apply those letters to the cardstock. Star Wars is stamped with the Posterboard Alphabet in black on Honey textured cardstock, cut out and applied.

I think it turned out pretty good.  With a little imagination, help from the internet for the intro scroll wording and colours and tah dah - opening page.

Now onto figure out who, and what all the characters are in the pictures.

May the force be with me!

Happy creating,

Jennifer
  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Hop - March Release Kraftin' Kimmie

        Woohoo!!!  Today we are celebrating all the fabulous new goodies in our March Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' K...