Monday 15 August 2016

For the Boys with H2H

I am thrilled and excited for the challenge this week at Heart 2 Heart Challenges.  The theme is "For the Boys", and as mom of two boys, this is just perfect!!!

Matthew, my eldest, just graduated from University of Ottawa (Ontario, Canada) and this challenge fits perfectly for my proud mommy moments.

I chose to use Florence papers and complements, which may not be a logical first choice for a boy layout, but worked perfectly with our pictures.

The bright bold paisley print paper works great with the more subtle blue & reds.
 Nope, Matt doesn't smile often!!!!  I warned him that I was going to hoot and holler when his name was called to receive his degree.  He said he may pretend he didn't know me - but alas he did give me a pause and wave from the stage.



This mommy may have shed a tear or two of pride watching her boy cross that stage!!!

It was a wonderful warm summer day, and we took advantage for great outdoor pictures.

Matt isn't always co-operative getting his picture taken but on this day he behaved....mostly!!!




The Florence complements clustered together make a great focal point on both layouts.  Rose gold foil tape is layered on the red paper strips for a bit of bling.


I had to include a few goofy pictures of Matt. Flip flaps are perfect to add those pictures without the focal point of your layout.

On each of the layouts there are great journalling spots using the Picture My Life cards.



Grab your favourite paper, embellishments and stamps and join us For the Boys.  I'd love to see your layout linked up at  http://heart2heartchallenges.blogspot.ca

Enjoy,

Jennifer




No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 4 - Hello Little One!

    Good morning and welcome to our FINAL day of  April Krafty Peeks! Today we are previewing our last stamp set that will be releasing TOM...