Wednesday 23 January 2013

Oh my darlin' - Clementine

When I was in Dallas, Tx. in July 2012 for the CTMH Convention, my room mates & I stayed a few extra days and did some sightseeing around the area.  On our last day in Dallas we road tripped to the Fort Worth Stockyards.  Oh my, did we have a day full of fun, including a shoot out!!!!


Were you scared?  It wasn't a real shoot out - it was the Old West Shoot out.  Too much fun - these guys were a hoot and even if it was a bit corny was cute. 


This layout is special thanks to a fellow consultant who designed it for her club ladies.  I adapted a bit (not much) for my layout.  The banners are chipboard covered with paper from Clementine paper package.  The cowboy hat and boots on the right page are from an exclusive stamp set that was given to everyone who attended Convention - a special treat.

My girlfriend Barb, quickly found her trusty stead and hopped on for a ride - never too old for some fun!!!
 







The right side of the layout features some of the characters from the "shoot out".  The sheriff with the 10 gallon hat, his deputy and the bad guys!!! 

I hadn't used my burlap ribbon yet (gasp!) but I do like how it worked on this layout.  I highlighted with some buttons and hemp and a few antique brads.  Came together pretty cute.










Clementine is a very versatile paper package - not just for "girly" or flowery layouts.  It worked great for my Texas style layout.  Clementine is available in the Spring/Summer 2013 Idea Book, so grab your package (or 2) to make some great layouts.

I have more layouts from my Texas trip to show you coming up, including from the Book Depository tour, Billy Bobs and more.

Enjoy and get crafty!!!

Jennifer




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Hop the New Release

    WOWZERS! Have you enjoyed all the incredible Krafty Peeks this week?  SO many fabulous creations from the Krafty Team featuring ALL of ...