Sunday 6 January 2013

Fun/Fancy Fold Card

Happy New Year - I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday season.  Now, back to crafting!!!

One of the CTMH consultant facebook groups that I belong to posted a fun/fancy fold card challenge.  I don't usually participate in challenges - they stress me out too much, but it's a new year with new experiences to try so... I threw my hat (er card) into the ring.

I used the papers from La Belle Vie for my card.  The pinks/purples were a bit of challenge for me having boys but I decided to cut into this package.  The stamp is from a really old set called Birthday Wishes - I coloured in the images with my Copics and used foam tape to pop it off the base.
The ribbon is from my stash of organdy ribbon.  I'm going to be very sad when it's all used up.
 Now for the fun/fancy part - the inside of the card - cute right.  With the assistance of a great tutorial I was able to get all my measurements and cutting to have the cake pop off the base.  The drips from the icing are with an eyelet punch and the sentiment is from the Birthday Wishes set.   
I wanted to show a close up of the cake - the candles are topped with some clear glitter to give them added dimension. 

This was a fun card to create, if a bit fiddly.  I'm thinking it would also work for a wedding or anniversary card.







Hope you enjoyed my fun/fancy fold card.  It was a joy to get back to crafting after a long absence.  I'll post pictures of my new craft space as soon as I get it cleaned back up!


Jennifer 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 3 - Look out World!!

  Good morning and welcome to  Day THREE of our April Krafty Peeks!  Today we are sharing an ADORABLE new stamp set from artist Neda! It...