Sunday 26 August 2012

When I Grow Up... with Scholastic

When I grow up.... I want to be?  When my boys were little I heard things like a hockey player, an engineer, a baseball player, a soldier... What fun it was this week to look back at pictures of my two boys when they were still deciding what they wanted to be when they grew up.  

 Of course one of the other fun things was first day of school pictures.  A time honoured tradition when I was little.  My mom would line all 6 of us up and not only would we get a group shot, but each of us would have our individual picture taken of the first day of school.  

We'd all pose with our new shoes, first day new outfit and of course books and pencils that were crisp and clean.


The left side of this layout - Matt & David were so little - I can't remember the grades they were entering but they are now 28 and 25!!  They always got new ball caps to head back to school and we always took advantage of their babysitter's lovely gardens. 

I stamped the pencils and report card from a retired stamp set called School Rules stamped in the fabulous new colour of Saddle. 




The right side page uses images from the stamp set School Rocks #B1396, and again stamped with Saddle.  The school house, and bus were popped up with foam tape.

The letters are from Canvas Alphabet which I just love.  Topped off with a few durable round studs for a bit of manly bling.





Scholastic paper package doesn't have to be for just back to school.  I have some photos from the Book Depository - 6th Floor Museum, Dallas, TX from my trip this summer which will fit perfectly with scholastic paper. 

This 2 page layout will be the September scrapbook workshop page for my ladies, and I'm anxious to see how they will each put their own spin on Scholastic. 

Hope you enjoyed, and happy crafting,

Jennifer
   
    
 

1 comment:

  1. Cute layout. Love the paper arrangement, stamps and how the entire layout flows. Thank you for participating in our Back to School challenge at H2H.

    ReplyDelete

Let Hop the New Release

    WOWZERS! Have you enjoyed all the incredible Krafty Peeks this week?  SO many fabulous creations from the Krafty Team featuring ALL of ...