Wednesday 8 August 2012

A Sonoma Birthday Album

You may remember a birthday invitation I posted a few months ago which I created for my mom's 80th birthday celebration.  Well, I finally finished the pages from her celebration.  We had such a wonderful day together.  I absolutely love spending time with my brothers and sisters, my nieces and nephews and their sweet children, and had such fun catching up with cousins who we have not spent enough time with. 

I love the paper package Sonoma, which has retired.  I used every single piece of a number of paper packages for the invites and mom's album.  Although I'm sad to see it go, I'm happy to see new paper packages arrive in the Autumn/Winter 2012 Idea Book. 

 

 
I carried over from the invite the Sonoma flowers which were second generation stamped with Smokey Plum ink and made a smaller quilt block than on the invite.  Embellishments are from the Bohemian Assortment and the new Antiqued Gold mini medley along with some opaque adhesive gems from the brown assortment.



 Did you notice the two pages so the flip flaps could be used?  These are the 4 X 12 and 8 X 12 sizes.
This is What Matters Most - what truer words could ever be said.  Family, friends and faith, all together to celebrate.  This page shows the flip flaps open. 












Okay - I must confess  - - I did not make this page - nope not at all.  I did purchase this layout at Convention 2011 Disneyland, California.  The proceeds from my purchase went to Operation Smile a charity that CTMH supports.  I love this layout and was waiting for the most special pictures to use. 
 Yummy cake - my mom is a seamstress and quilter so her cake had to highlight her hobby.  My nephew's girlfriend is a pastry chef and she outdid herself with this custom designed cake.  Everything, even the wee fabric strips were edibile.  There were buttons, pins, scissors, fabric, it was incredible. 


 
More flip flaps so I could make sure to get in all the photos.  On the left side page at the bottom I have a poem I read to my mom that I still have to put on.  The poem is below.





Flip flaps open.  This is such a fantastic way to get lots of photos on your pages.  I used some of the Chocolate Velvet rub ons.  They are wonderful to use. 


This was a really simple page just letting the pictures and caption say it all.  Key Time Together.  I used some retired kraft borders inked chocolate.  I'm sad to see these retired but I still have a few in my stash!!!






Last page - I love the zip strips which are great for borders with an impact.  I again used the Bohemian Assortment and Heirloom Assortment to add the cluster of embellishments.




I hope you enjoyed these pages as much as I enjoyed making them.  I'm slowly catching up on some scrapbooking I have wanted to get at for a while.  I'm excited to receive my order of new goodies and I am anxiously watching my Purolator tracking slip.


Dear Lord, I am 80 and there’s much I haven’t done.  I hope dear Lord, you’ll let me live until I’m 81.

But, if I haven’t finished all I want to do, would you please let me stay awhile, until I’m 82?

So many places I want to go, so much I want to see, do you think you couild manage to make it 83?

Many things I may have done, but there’s so much let in store, I’d like it very much to live to 84.

And if by then I’m still alive, then I’d like to stay to 85.

The world is changing very fast, so I’d really like to stick around and see what happens to the world when I’m 86.

I know, dear Lord, it’s a lot to ask, and it will be nice in heaven, but I’d really like to stay around until I’m 87.

I know by then I won’t be fast, and sometimes I’ll be late, but it would be o-so-pleasant to be around at 88.

I will have seen so many things and had a wonderful time, so I’m sure that I’ll be willing to leave at 89.

(Well maybe.)

Happy crafting.

Jennifer

        

1 comment:

Day 4 - Hello Little One!

    Good morning and welcome to our FINAL day of  April Krafty Peeks! Today we are previewing our last stamp set that will be releasing TOM...