Sunday 4 January 2015

One of my New Years' "intentions" is to share more of my artwork and try to keep my poor little blog a bit more up-to-date.

My pre-Christmas was busy creating gifts for family and friends - - I forgot to get photos of some of the items but will share a special album with you over the next few weeks.  We spent a fun, sun filled week last January to celebrate the wedding of my husband's niece, Amy to her new hubby, Brent.  It was a great week of memories and, of course, a lot of photos.  Each year I create a vacation albums (yes plural) as a Christmas gift to family who we had the pleasure of sharing the week with.

So, once Christmas was over, I finally was able to sit down in my scrap closet and just create what I wanted to.....and I couldn't get my mojo going - what..... I could do whatever I wanted and I didn't know what I wanted to do!!!

Then, inspiration hit - - the daughter of a co-worker got engaged on New Year's Eve - of course a card was in order.  With my creativity lacking I pulled out the Artfully Sent cricut cartridge and looked up engagement cards.  This is what I came up with.



The card was designed as a pop up card on the cartridge, but I liked the negative space and carefully transferred to create the bright Pixie font.  I used only the "engagement" part of the wording and cut off "wedding" from the top, and also used only the engagement ring from the intertwined rings with glitter silver,  A few pink glitter gems finished off the front of the card.

My mojo might be returning....

Enjoy,

Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Wednesday - Safari Fun!

 Good morning Krafty Friends!! Welcome to another Inspirational Wednesday, the day of the week that we provide you with a little extra inspi...