Saturday 12 July 2014

Masculine Birthday Cards

July is a crazy busy time in my family.  I think everyone I am related to or know has a birthday or anniversary in July.  So first up in July are my two brothers - both born on July 4th - 5 years apart (my poor mother) - who also share an April wedding anniversary - 5 years apart.  I posted earlier the anniversary cards that I sent to them.

Masculine cards are difficult for me and I'm always searching for ideas. These two cards are not my original ideas but I loved them, and thank other artists for sharing their creativity.


Isn't this cute!!  This features the Catch You Later stamp set from CTMH which co-ordinates with Cricut cuts found on Artiste cartridge.  I used Autumn Terracotta and Indian Corn Blue inks and paper and popped up the sentiment with foam tape.

Voila - one birthday card done.





This card is a modified side step card to resemble a tool box.  I had some of the aluminum type paper in my stash and it worked great for the drawer pulls.

The stamp set is You're the Best from CTMH - The peg board I hole punched using the CTMH stitch guide.  Cardstock is cranberry and bamboo from CTMH.


The drawers are popped up with foam tape to give them some depth and the happy birthday sentiment is tucked in one of the drawers.


Voila - second birthday card done.




Stay tuned - more July birthdays coming up!!!

Enjoy.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Krafty Peak Time - Fruity Favourites!!!

    Who's ready for some brand new Krafty Goodies? It's time to bring you NEW stamp sets and layering stencils from Kraftin' Ki...