Tuesday 11 December 2012

Try a technique cards



 

 Every now and again I see different card techniques that I just have to try.  This was one of them and is pretty simple when broken down.  The neutral cardstock is tacked to each other and then stamped across all three layers.  For this card I used CTMH smokey plum to colour the flowers.  Once finished colouring carefully separate the three layers, mount on mat 1/4" larger and build your card.  I finished off with an image cut with Artiste cricut cartridge and from my stash added some chocolate grosgrain ribbon.



This card is created with post-it notes, a circle punch and sponges.  To make the snow tear a post-it note in the shape wanted and place across the bottom of the base.  Punch out a circle from the sticky part of the post-it note and place in the upper right corner.  Using a sponge I used three colours of blue and inked the base to create a sky. Remove the post-it notes and stamp in black ink the trees and sentiment.  I used yellow to sponge the moon. 


I know I found this card on a fellow CTMH consultant's site, but I didn't write down who it was.  This card uses the Victory paper package, and I wanted to show you how a simple card can be quite effective.  Layered and edge distressed using chocolate ink, foam tape to pop the image and you're done. 



I hope you will try these techniques and enjoy trying something new. 

Happy creating,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Hop the New Release

    WOWZERS! Have you enjoyed all the incredible Krafty Peeks this week?  SO many fabulous creations from the Krafty Team featuring ALL of ...