This weeks' challenge at Color My Heart Color Dare ( http://colormyheartcolordare.blogspot.ca/ ) is to use shades of grey.
This color combination can be tricky. It can be too much of a contrast, or look drab. It can also look absolutely stunning in its contrast and subtle shading.
It can also, of course, be a mess with white daisy and black involved. I have a few projects with a lovely placed fingerprint!!!
The paper package from La Vie en Rose is a study in this color combination. The patterns of black, white and grey are stunning. (If you haven't seen the paper package click on the link below)
The retired stamp set The Happy Couple is one of my all time favourites. I embossed the cake, bow, and sentiment, popped up with foam tape, then added pieces from black flourishes sparkles. (which are available in while supplies last)
I ink distressed the white daisy with whisper ink and the other paper pieces with slate.
Here's the link http://jenniferkelly.ctmh.com/
Until the next challenge, enjoy,
Jennifer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Grid Magic
Welcome to another week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge Blog. Are you ready to try a grid sketch? I admit I was a tad hesitant at f...
-
Who's ready for lots of brand new Krafty goodies?! It's time for our January Release Peeks to begin at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps !...
-
January Krafty Peeks - Day FIVE - Lumberjack and Jill Plus a Challenge! Today is our final day of Krafty Peeks for the January Release at K...
-
It's a double challenge at Heart 2 Heart Challenges and Color My Heart Colour Dare this week - to use black white and red in your projec...


I love the frame that you created with the design papers, and the stack of presents. Well designed card and nothing wrong with this combination of colors. Great job.
ReplyDeleteElegant and classy card, Jennifer! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Color Dare--please join us again soon!
ReplyDelete:) Marie
What a stylish card! Love the details! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart.
ReplyDeleteGreat card! Love how you popped the cake up off the card. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.
ReplyDelete